Dingdong Dantes and Marian Rivera’s Dyesebel punctuated its winning run by topping the primetime category of the Nationwide Urban TV Audience Measurement (NUTAM) race for the month of October.
Dyesebel’s 33.6 percent rating edged out Dyosa’s 33-percent grade to claim the overall No. 1 spot. TV Patrol World claimed the third spot by registering 32.3 percent while Bea Alonzo’s own primetime series, I Love Betty La Fea, scored a rating of 30.9 good enough for fourth place finish.
Dennis Trillo’s latest fantasy series, Gagambino—which opened last October 20—barged in at No. 6 with a rating of 29.5 percent to trail behind fifth placer Iisa Pa Lamang (30.1 percent). Richard Gutierrez’s now defunct action-adventure series Codename: Asero also made a strong showing to hold off Regine Velasquez’s Ako Si Kim Samsoon and Rhian Ramos’s La Lola.
Kris Aquino’s ABS-CBN game show Kapamilya, Deal Or No Deal completed the Top 10 with 25.9 percent.
Interestingly, consistent Mega-Manila toprater Survivor Philippines failed to nail a spot in the Top 10.
The Top Weekday Programs for daytime showed a more erratic trend as ABS-CBN and GMA-7 programs slugged it out to fill in each of the spots allotted.
Willie Revillame’s ABS-CBN variety-game show Wowowee, still emerged on top albeit another rally displayed by GMA-7’s afternoon drama team of Una Kang Naging Akin and Gaano Kadalas Ang Minsan.
September’s second placer El Cuerpo Del Deseo slipped to No. 4 followed by Ryan Agoncillo’s Pieta.
Wowowee and Eat Bulaga! renewed their heated rivalry in the weekend contest with Willie’s show amassing a total of 22.3 percent rating against the 20.1 percent of the longest-running noontime show hosted by Tito, Vic & Joey.
The last few months saw the domination of boxing matches in the weekend survey, which consequently affected the ranking of local programs.
ABS-CBN programs lorded it over in the Top Weekend Programs for primetime viewing as it occupied eight out of the ten slots. Pinoy Dream Academy: Little Grand Night, Maalaala Mo Kaya, Komiks Prsents Varga, Pinoy Dream Academy Little Dreamers, The Singing Bee, Rated K, Goin‘ Bulilit, and even Aga Muhlach’s That’s My Doc ganged up against the competition.
As it turned out, only two GMA-7 shows—Bitoy’s Funniest Videos and Kapuso Mo, Jessica Soho—managed to enter the winning column.
Here are the Top 10 weekday and weekend programs for the month of October based on a survey conducted by AGB Nielsen among NUTAM households:
Top Weekday Programs (Daytime)
- Wowowee (ABS-CBN) – 22.6%
- Una Kang Naging Akin (GMA-7) – 20.7%
- Gaano Kadalas Ang Minsan (GMA-7) – 20.3%
- El Cuerpo Del Deseo (ABS-CBN) – 19.7%
- Pieta (ABS-CBN) – 19.2%
- Eat Bulaga! (GMA-7) – 18.7%
- Ligaw Na Bulaklak (ABS-CBN) – 18.6%
- Street Fighter (GMA-7) – 18.1%
- Pilipinas, Game KNB? (ABS-CBN) – 18%
- Daisy Siete (GMA-7) – 17.7%
Top Weekday Programs (Primetime)
- Dyesebel (GMA-7) – 33.6%
- Dyosa (ABS-CBN) – 33%
- TV Patrol World (ABS-CBN) – 32.3%
- I Love Betty La Fea (ABS-CBN) – 30.9%
- Iisa Pa Lamang (ABS-CBN) – 30.1%
- Gagambino (GMA-7) – 29.5%
- Codename: Asero (GMA-7) – 29.4%
- Ako Si Kim Samsoon (GMA-7) – 27.7%
- La Lola (GMA-7) – 26.4%
- Kapamilya, Deal or No Deal (ABS-CBN) – 25.9%
Top Weekend Programs (Daytime)
- Wowowee (ABS-CBN) – 22.3%
- Eat Bulaga! (GMA-7) – 20.1%
- ASAP ‘08 (ABS-CBN) – 19%
- Dragon Ball Z (GMA-7) – 18.7%
- Your Song (ABS-CBN) – 17.6%
- Cinema FPJ Da King on ABS-CBN (ABS-CBN) – 17.1%
- Bakugan Battle Brawlers (GMA-7) – 15.6%
- Wish Ko Lang! (GMA-7) – 15.4%
- Takeshi’s Castle (GMA-7) – 15.2%
- The Buzz (ABS-CBN) – 14.1%
Top Weekend Programs (Primetime)
- Pinoy Dream Academy Little Grand Dream Night** (ABS-CBN) – 37.5%
- Maalaala Mo Kaya (ABS-CBN) – 31.1%
- Komiks (ABS-CBN) – 30.4%
- Pinoy Dream Academy Little Dreamers (ABS-CBN) – 28.1%
- The Singing Bee (ABS-CBN) – 26.7%
- Rated K (ABS-CBN) – 26.3%
- Bitoy’s Funniest Videos (GMA-7) – 25.7%
- Goin’ Bulilit (ABS-CBN) – 24.9%
- Kapuso Mo Jessica Soho (GMA-7) – 23.6%
- That’s My Doc (ABS-CBN) – 23.4%
Source: AGB Nielsen Media Research, Philippines
Philippine Entertainment Portal