MANILA, Philippines – Filipinos will enjoy a long holiday in December as Malacañang declared two days – which are wedged between a weekend and a regular holiday – as special non-working holidays, a radio report said.
With this, the following days in Decembers are officially declared holidays:
• December 1 (in lieu of the Bonifacio Day on November 30),
• December 25, Christmas Day (regular holiday),
• December 26 (special non-working holiday),
• December 29 (special non-working holiday), and
• December 30, Rizal Day (regular holiday).
December 27 and 28 fall on a Saturday and on a Sunday, respectively.
Malacañang has also earlier declared December 31 as a “last day of the year” special holiday, which will be followed by another the New Year holiday on January 1.