Last year, Cesar Montano was one of the candidates in the senatorial race. Unfortunately, he did not win a seat in the government. In 2010, will he try his luck in politics again? The action star replied, “Out na muna ako ng politics. Tingnan ko kung ano, bahala na, matagal pa naman iyon, e.”
Cesar Montano celebrated his birthday in advance with some entertainment press last July 30, at his own Italian restaurant called Bellissimo in Tomas Morato, Quezon City.
His actual birthday is tomorrow, August 1, but a small and intimate birthday party was given to him by PGFlex, which is the newest addition to Cesar’s number of endorsements.
Aside from having more endorsements, Cesar also wish for more movie projects on his birthday. “One movie or two movies before the year ends, solve na ako,” Cesar told PEP (Philippine Entertainment Portal).
The award-winning director-actor also related to PEP that his film production, CM Films, and Dondon Monteverde’s Revolver will be merging to do an action movie this year.
“We’re going to do an action film, full-length,” said Cesar. “Kukunin namin ‘yong director in commercials, si AF [Benaza], ang galing. Siya yung nagdirek nung kay Piolo Pascual, ‘yong may pakpak [Clear Black Valentine], ‘tapos may isa pa siyang ginawa, ang galing niya, e.
‘Tapos mayroon pang isang commercial, ‘yong umuulan ‘tapos kinuha ‘yong isang patak ng ulan [Nescafé]. He’s really good. Nakita ko ‘yong iba pa niyang trabaho, sabi ko, ‘May mata ‘to, a.’ We’re doing the teaser now for this action movie.”
PEP asked if they intended to do this for the Metro Manila Film Festival. Cesar said that they wanted to, but unfortunately they were not able to submit the script before the deadline.
He further explained, “Late na, e. We’re thinking na sana isasali namin, dapat nakapag-submit kami noong June ng script pero wala na. Pero we plan, we plan to release it this year, hopefully this November.”
PURSUING A CAREER IN HOLLYWOOD. After his music lyrics game show The Singing Bee, Cesar is scheduled to go to New York, U.S.A. to talk to his movie producer in Hollywood about its promise of a follow-up movie after The Great Raid (2005).
“Kaya kailangan kong umalis and I have to stay there for a while,” said Cesar.
He continued, “Ang situatuion kasi is I really have to stay there for a while, e. Para kasing, halimbawa dito sa atin, nag-aartista ako, wala pa ako masyadong name. Ngayon, nakatira ako sa Bohol, you have to stay here in Manila.”
How long will he be staying in the U.S.?
Cesar replied, “‘Yon, that is the question. Kasi, halimbawa, may party, you have to be visible, e. Punta ka sa party, makikilala mo si Ganito. Gano’n ‘yon, e, kailangan visible ka, e. Parang back to zero ako doon, e.
Well, ang maganda lang sa akin kasi, ang kilala kong mga producer, mga Jew. Like sina Lawrence Bender, producer of Inconvenient Truth, Kill Bill. Buti na lang sila, Jewish kasi [ang producer ko] doon, e. Kapag Pilipino ang producer ko hindi na ako magpu-pursue.”
In his explanation, Cesar said that he might need to stay in New York for a while. And this does not bother him much because, he explained, “Kasi gusto ko iyong trabaho, e. Alam mo naman ‘yong dream natin, if talagang sure na makakakuha ng another Hollywood project.”
“WE’RE NOT SEPARATING.” After relating his plan to stay in New York for a short while, a question was raised, “Is Sunshine and their kids coming with him?”
His short reply was, “They’ll stay here. Ako muna ang makikipagsapalaran doon.”
Cesar clarified that he and Sunshine are okay now and this short period of separation from each other is just a stage in their relationship.
He explained, “Right now, it’s good for us kasi that will give us time to think more about what’s the best. Well, we know already what’s the best. Pero ito ‘yong time na… Healing time ito, e, and realization.”
Then, he immediately added, “But, of course, we know already the answer kaya we can’t be separated, okay, we’re not separating.”
COMING BACK FOR THE SINGING BEE. After talking about his Hollywood plans, Cesar assured PEP that he will be coming back to the country for the second season of his music lyrics game show titled The Singing Bee.
He said, “Babalik din naman ako kaagad, mabo-bore ako doon [sa New York], e. Magre-resume ‘yong show [The Singing Bee] and pakikiramdaman ko iyon kung medyo matagal pa iyon, e.”
The actor was glad that his show did very well in the ratings game especially that it was placed on primetime block.
“I’m very thankful kasi hindi ko inaakala na ganun. I mean, this is the first time I host a game show. Bagung-bago sa akin ang mundong ito and I know I have a lot of growing up to do. I’m so thankful, talagang, ‘Halleluja!’”
With this, Cesar gave his thanks to the viewers who supported them from the start of the show. “I wanna thank all the people who continually support us—’yong mga nanonood, mga viewers from all over the world, I know it’s hitting U.S., Japan, etc. Kaya nagpapasalamat po ako talaga sa lahat.”
The Singing Bee will have its final episodes next week, but Cesar announced that it might have a second season in October.
“Magbabalik po kami, magiging isang oras na kami,” exclaimed Cesar. “Magiging isang oras na kami kasi sayang ‘yong mga joke namin, mga side comments namin, hindi nyo po talaga napapanood lahat. Kapag naging isang oras na kami, naku, mas matutuwa po kayo.
“So, abangan nyo po ang pagbabalik ng The Singing Bee. Mawawala kami for a while pero magbabalik po kami na may dalang revenge.”
Philippine Entertainment Portal