Julius Felicisimo Nierras Jr. ran away with a gold medal in the men’s 400-meter track event on Tuesday, giving the Philippines its 26th at the Southeast Asian (SEA) Games being held in Thailand. But the Philippines remain in fifth place, because fourth Malaysia have two more gold medals at 28.Earlier, the RP fencing team got the gold in the men’s team epée that brought back the Philippines to the fourth slot, before Malaysia sent it back to fifth.
So far the Filipinos’ medal production by 6:18 p.m. on Tuesday are three gold, five silver, four bronze – for a total since the start of the game of 26 gold, 38 silver, 58 bronze, or 122 medals.
Following are Tuesday’s Filipino medalists, according to results posted on the SEA Games website:
- Paz Amaya in the compound women’s individual archery
- Armando Bernal, Avelino Victorino Jr., Almario Vizcayno, and Wilfredo Vizcayno Jr. for the men’s team epee fencing tournament
- Julius Felicimo Nierras Jr. in the men’s 400-meter run of athletics
- Earl Benjamin Yap in the compound men’s individual archery
- Danilo Fresnido in the men’s javelin throw
- Deborah Samson in the women’s pole vault
- Men’s water polo with the team composed of Allan Payawal, Sherwin de la Paz, Almax Laurel, Danny de la Torre, Johnny Uba, Ernesto Pabalan, Michael Jorolan, Teodoro Cañete, Norton Alamara, Frazier Alamara, Dale Evangelista, Monsuito Pelenio, Tani Gomez
- Renante Briones in the men’s 94-kilogram weightlifting